This may surprise you, but amongst those who know me in real life, I am known for occasionally doing silly things – I can tell you’re surprised, right? Here are five of them…
1) I once threw water from a plastic cup at my ear during a particularly hectic morning at work – the phone rang and I grabbed the plastic cup instead of the receiver.
2) About 18 months ago I had a bit of a car accident, nobody else involved, I just lost control of the car on a bend. The car spun round and hit a barrier and sign. I took a photo of the sign afterwards which is the photo at the top of this post. Can you read what it says?
3) On one occasion I took my car to a car wash. The machine was just about to start up when I noticed that I hadn’t yet closed my window. I had an old car at the time which didn’t have electric windows. I grabbed the window winding handle so forcefully that it came off in my hand, and there was no immediate way to fix it back on. There were others in the passenger seat and back of car, so I couldn’t really go anywhere else in the car; I had to sit in my seat getting soaked. Of course, as you can imagine, the laughter in that car during those few minutes more than made up for any inconvenience!
4) During a head-first slide down a water slide at Wet ‘n Wild water park a few years ago, I was concerned that I might lose my sunglasses. As I crashed into the water, my sunglasses flew off and I managed to grab them. I was so excited about not losing them, that I failed to notice my bikini top had come down leaving me fully exposed. My friend on the other side of the exit pool was laughing and gesturing to try and let me know, but I just thought she was as excited as I was about my not having lost my sunglasses. So I just bounded (and bounced!) through the water waving my sunglasess in the air and grinning madly, right past the line of people who were waiting for the slide. I’m pretty sure they must have thought I was deliberately streaking because of all that enthusiastic bounding and grinning and waving of my sunglasses in the air.
5) While walking into a shop with a big open doorway, my foot accidentally kicked an empty Coke can into the shop. There were several people waiting at the till and they looked round as they heard the clatter. In hindsight, I should have just picked the can up to dispose of it, but no, I decided that it would be a good idea to kick the can back out of the shop first. I tried, but it shot off in a different direction, so I then had several more attempts of kicking it around before looking up, and realising from the bemused looks on everyone’s faces, that they clearly thought I was playing with the can, kicking it around, tackling it. It must have looked particularly odd as I was dressed smartly in a work suit and heels.
So there you are. Do share your own tales of silliness so that I know I’m not alone!