It’s that time again! A little round-up of awards received and some tricky questions to be answered. First, the lovely MsKatykins tagged me, and posed some fun questions, here are my answers:
1) What name do you wish your parents had given you? Hmmm, I think I’m fairly happy with Vanessa. When I was little I wished my first name was Jane, which is my middle name, I think that was because Vanessa was more unusual and you don’t want to be unusual when you’re little. When I was a bit older than that, I wished my name was Candy for a while (!).
2) What’s your favourite type of hat? Well, for myself, I think a grandad flat cap. Here I am sporting one:
3) Did you ever have an imaginary friend? Tell me about them! I did have an imaginary friend, he was called Mr. Bing. I don’t want to talk about it.
4) Do you have a favourite gem stone? I’ll pick sapphires, for the very unoriginal reason that they are my birthstone. On second thoughts, I’ll pick diamonds because I’ve heard they make very good friends.
5) What foreign language, if any, would you like to learn? I speak French pretty fluently and lived in France for a couple of years when I was a child. But I don’t really enjoy the process of learning languages - I’m too impatient. But if I could be miraculously injected with instant knowledge of another language, I’d probably choose Spanish or Klingon.
6) What’s the most reckless thing you’ve ever done? I once ticked the box which said that I had read and agreed to the terms and conditions, when I hadn’t so much as glanced at them.
7) If you have a bucket list, what’s the most significant thing on it? Ooh, I don’t have one, I mean of course there are lots of things I want to do and achieve, but I haven’t written them into a list or anything, they’re all up here (I’m pointing at my head).
8) If you could have starred as any character in any film, what would it be and why? I think I’m going to go for Baby from Dirty Dancing because I’ve always loved dancing, and I loved that film. When he lifts her in the air, it’s the ultimate feel good movie moment.
9) How many fingers am I holding up? Three.
10) What’s the worst haircut you’ve ever had and who was responsible for it? This is another picture round. When I was five, my mother decided it would be a good idea to cut my fringe (bangs) the night before I was having a school photo taken (sorry Mum if you’re reading this!). Here was the result:
11) What do you plan to do this weekend? I’m having a night out with the gals which I’m really looking forward to – one of my very bestest bestest friends in the whole wide world is having her hen night, so we’re hitting central London. Woohoo!
And now for the awards. Thank you to the all the lovely people who have showered me with awards…
In August, Lorna’s Voice gave me the Beautiful Lipstick award and the Versatile Blogger award:
In August, MsKatykins gave me the Commentator award:
In August, 4amWriter Kate gave me the One Lovely Blog Award:
In September, Jennifer M. Eaton gave me the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award:
In September, Lorinda J Taylor gave me the Versatile Blogger Award:
In September, 4amWriter Kate gave me the Daisy award:
Thank you so much! I am very grateful to those kind folk who have passed these to me. As I explained last time I did an award thanking post, I don’t follow all the rules associated with all the awards, and I don’t pass them on to others anymore. That’s just the way I roll. But really I’d like to just pass them on to anyone who wants one because I can’t pick, so if you think you are worthy of any of these awards, then just take them as a gift from me – you can find the rules by clicking on the links to the people who gave them to me. You’re welcome.