I would like to thank my Manager, my parents and children, my pet hamster…
How very kind, I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by Pete Denton Thank you Pete!
For my non-blogging followers, this is one of several awards that bloggers award to each other as a way of showing appreciation for the blogs that they enjoy.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post. Check (see above)
2. Share 7 things about yourself. Check (see below)
3. Pass this award along to 15 other bloggers. Check (see below)
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award. Will let them know as soon as I’ve posted this
Share 7 things about myself
Well I recently shared 10 things about myself when I did my 10 on Tuesday post, so I guess I had better come up with seven new things now…
1) I once set all the clocks in the house forward by an hour in order to trick my children into going to bed an hour early one night. I was feeling a bit frazzled and needed a bit of time to myself. It turned out to be a pointless exercise because I felt so bad about tricking them that I didn’t enjoy that extra hour to myself at all!
2) My children’s great grandfather (on their father’s side) was a passenger on the Titanic. He survived, which he was very lucky to do as a 3rd class male passenger.
3) My earliest memory is from my 1st birthday. Nobody believes me that I have such an early memory, but it’s true. I spent my 1st birthday in Ibiza and I have a clear memory of my Dad holding me on top of an inflatable dolphin in the pool whilst I watched the dolphin’s nose bobbing up and down in the water.
4) A few weeks ago I did my first stand-up comedy gig at a pub in London. Just a little 5 minute slot amongst other acts. It was completely terrifying, but it went much better than I expected, and I’ve been booked to do another one in April.
5) On a dark and stormy evening in my early 20s I accepted a lift from a stranger. The car pulled up, the door opened, and a voice said “Get in”, so I got in. I assumed it must be someone I knew, I really did. As I fastened my seat belt, I saw it was a stranger, and we sped off. It turned out to be fine, but while we were driving all I could think about was that if anything happened to me everyone would be saying “What was she thinking, getting into a strange man’s car like that? Stupid girl!”.
6) When I was 10, I decided to run away from home one day. Not because I was unhappy there but just for the adventure. I walked for about 20 minutes. Then it started to get dark and I got scared so I went back home. It was an adventure of sorts.
7) I love pick’n’mix sweets, olives, seafood, asparagus, cherries, prosciutto, champagne (to name a few consumables).
Pass award on to 15 other bloggers
Let me say first that if any of the people I nominate don’t want to ‘join in’ by posting about it and nominating other bloggers then that’s absolutely fine. If it feels like a burden or chore then that rather defeats the point. But I hope they appreciate the sentiment at least. I would also like to say that it was really hard to make the choice because I always want to please everyone, and as I follow 43 blogs I’ve had to leave lots out. Sorry. Just remember though, if I’m following you then it means that I do like your blog. Just not as much as the ones I nominated. (Kidding!). So I’ve tried to select a range of different types of blogs. It took me an unnecessarily long amount of time.
In no particular order…
She describes herself as a young-hearted senior. She’s a wonderful writer with great zest. What a fabulous lady, it’s http://letscutthecrap.wordpress.com/
She’s one sassy gal, with great fashion news, tips and ideas delivered in a non-condescending way, it’s http://heathabe.wordpress.com/
He’s a father of four who writes about parenting and life. Amusing, touching, an all-round good read, it’s http://theycallmebetty.com/
She’s a strong and lovely girl taking a stand against bullying, it’s http://underneathmymask.wordpress.com/
I’m sure they’ve had lots of awards, but I couldn’t leave them out. For everything writing related, it’s http://limebirduk.wordpress.com/
She’s a Health Psychologist and much more. Her and her partner have been very supportive and encouraging of my various writing and acting exploits over the last few months, and hers was the first blog I followed when I signed up to WordPress, it’s http://healthpsychologyconsultancy.wordpress.com/
He’s an engaging and intelligent writer with great stories that make me smile, it’s http://whatthefluffy.wordpress.com/
He’s an excellent photographer and a downright lovely chap. His blog charts his mental health illness and recovery (although he hasn’t posted for a little while, but maybe this nomination with encourage him to), it’s http://guypedliham.wordpress.com/
Always varied, always entertaining, and he has a picture of Friends, one of my all-time favourite sitcoms in his header! It’s http://momentmatters.wordpress.com/
Delightful musings on life and kids, with lots of great food and recipe talk thrown in, it’s http://makesmewander.com/
She’s a mother of 4, whose posts bubble with personality, it’s http://sarsm.wordpress.com/
Fun adventures and recipes, often both at the same time! An enthusiastic and busy mum, it’s http://chaoticallyme.com/
Open and honest, she’s been through a lot, but bounces back to tell the tale, it’s http://thornblanket.wordpress.com/
A non-WordPress blog (hope that’s allowed, but he’s a friend and may sulk if I don’t include his). Dr Richard Bailey talks education and sport. He has some reasonably interesting things to say I suppose, I only wish I was male so that I could understand them, teehee, it’s http://talkingeducationandsport.blogspot.com/
Another non-WordPress (if I’m allowed one then I’m allowed two right?). She’s a life coach, mentor and writer. We worked together for a while so I can vouch for her loveliness, it’s http://www.jenmsmith.com/
Phew, that was hard work!