In no particular order:
1) Finding a hair in your food – You’d be hard pressed to find anyone who is not completely repulsed at finding a hair in their food. Worst of all is if the hair makes it into your mouth before you notice it (you’re contorting your face now just reading this aren’t you?). It’s only marginally less repulsive when it’s one of your own.
2) Having a wasp or bee inside your house – I don’t know what it’s like in your house, but in our house there is panic if a wasp or bee flies in. There are screams, lots of running about, doors and windows being flung open, there are cries of “Squash it!”, followed by other cries of “No, don’t squash it!”. There are warning shouts of not making it angry, and straws are drawn for who will be the one to try and capture it in a tub and release it. The relief when it finally leaves is measurable.
3) Getting unfriended on Facebook – If you know you’ve fallen out with the person, then you might understand the unfriending. But it’s the confusion and shock when you realise that somebody you have done nothing to (as far as you’re aware) has unfriended you. You suddenly realise that you haven’t seen any status updates from someone for a while, so you look in your friends list, and sure enough, they are no longer there. You wonder if maybe they have left Facebook, so you search them out, but no, they are still there with their 327 friends. Why? Why?! You contemplate sending them a message to ask why; perhaps it was a terrible mistake and they didn’t mean to unfriend you, but you don’t want to look desperate, so you leave it. Didn’t want to be their stupid friend anyway.
4) Going to pay for something in a shop and having your card declined – The shame of it! “But I know I have enough money in there!” you protest pointlessly, as if the sales assistant is going to say “Oh well if you know you have enough in there then it’s fine, you go ahead and take the goods, no problem”.
5) Stepping in doggy doo doo – I know, giving it a cute name like ‘doo doo’ doesn’t make it any better does it. Be honest now, have you ever done what I’ve done and thrown away a pair or shoes rather than have to clean it off? (They were old shoes anyway, honest).
6) Getting cramp – The agony! Waking up in the middle of the night screaming because you have been gripped by a calf muscle cramp. Or that funny one in your foot that makes your toes stick out at strange angles; you would laugh if it wasn’t so painful.
Any more to add to the list?