I promise there are no more videos of me singing today, although I can’t promise there won’t be more in the future. No, today we’re going to look at some little everyday mysteries that I ponder on.
1) Why is it that when you’re getting ready to go out, the closer it gets to the time you have to leave, the faster time passes?
2) Why is it so hard to say ‘Irish wristwatch’? Go on, try it, I’ll wait…
3) What is the magic power contained within the email ‘send’ button which enables you to instantly see every typo, forgotten attachment, or other mistake you have made, which you completely failed to spot, right up until the very second you pressed it?
4) Why is it that you can’t stick your tongue out when you’re looking straight up at the ceiling?
5) Ok, I lied about number 4, but it gave me a good laugh imagining you all trying it.
6) Why do vets insist on pairing your pet’s name with your last name, and then announcing it loudly in the waiting room, when they must know how embarrassing it is? My Dad was never very keen on having to take his old cat to the vet, knowing he’d have to sit there waiting to hear “Pudding Chapman!”
7) Why do warning labels state the obvious? On the back of my beer bottle the other night, I saw it said ‘Do not drink while trying to conceive.’ Well no, you’d spill it wouldn’t you!
Have you been pondering any little mysteries lately?