A few people, like Amy and Mark have been doing this 10 things I love/10 things I hate, thing. I’ve done similar lists on here before, so I thought I’d go for a bit of a different take on it this time with things I love and hate for my feet and hands. Why feet and hands you may ask? No good reason, it just came to me. I’ve gone for 5 each of each for both giving a total of 20 things, which is the same as the general list 10 of each x 2, also giving 20 things (did you follow that? No? Never mind).
5 Things I love for my feet
1. Walking them through warm sand up to water’s edge to get that first feel of the water lapping up on them.
2. Taking shoes off after a long day and wiggling my toes.
3. Trying on a pair of fabulous shoes in a shop and looking at them in those little low mirrors.
4. Pulling warm fluffy socks on over cold feet.
5. A foot massage done on myself (is that weird?).
5 Things I hate for my feet
2. Shoes that are too tight and need to be kept on for hours because I’m already out somewhere by the time I realise they’re too tight.
3. Accidentally stepping barefoot on something sharp and painful.
4. Standing in something unpleasant like doggy doo, and then the job of cleaning it off my shoes later.
5. Getting an itch on the sole of my foot that can’t be scratched to satisfaction.
5 Things I love for my hands
1. Rubbing a really good hand cream into them so that they’re soft but not greasy.
2. Freshly painting my nails when I’ve managed to not bite my them for a while and they’ve grown lovely.
3. Holding someone else’s hand.
4. Stroking something soft, like fur (just to clarify, I mean while it’s still on a live animal!).
5. Pressing certain buttons that are particularly satisfying in feel, firm but smooth, a little click at the end.
5 Things I hate for my hands
1. When I bite my nails.
2. When I get a little cut on the end of a finger and it hurts ridiculously too much for the size of it, and continues to hurt and get in the way for too many days.
3. When I’m unprepared for a colder than expected day and my gloveless fingers get so painfully cold that they won’t work properly.
4. When I’m cleaning up something yucky and a bit of it gets on my hand – ugh!
5. When they’re being uncooperative in a fiddly task I want them to do.
Any body parts you’d like to do a love and hate listing for? (Keep it clean!)
Photo credit: Faceless Bunny and Kitty by Helga Weber